Saturday, January 31, 2009

Is this a big vote of no confidence in US figure skating or what?

I still do not know what happened with the broadcast schedule for the US figure skating championship last week. The two hour segment that I saw was the men's short and long (I didn't actually watch it, but checked in several times to see if any other groups were skating), and icenetwork.com blacked out its webcast during the same period. I don't know the schedule. I am trying not to stumble into it, because I would rather watch the webcast not knowing who won anything.

But that's just the point: In a week's time, I have stumbled into nothing about US figure skating. There's a two hour NBC segment scheduled for 12 hours from now, but that . . . is very strange. In the past, a broadcast a week later would be . . . exhibitions.

Hmmmm.

No comments: