Saturday, October 25, 2008

Miki Ando does . . . Skate America, again

The results of the short program are just beginning to come in, but I see that Miki Ando (pictured immediately above and below from practice yesterday) chose to do Skate America again this year. Wasn't that part of the very same strategy that kept her out of the Grand Prix finals last year and - oops, I don't know how she did at worlds last year because I still have not watched my taping of it? On it. Official lineup I am sure that there is an international panel of judges for the event, but it seems so hard for a non-American to win our ISU Grand Prix event.

And in that lineup, Mirai Nagasu (below also from yesterday's practice session), who just whisked, just swept, just stormed her way to the US (senior) championship title last year, is listed as the world junior bronze. Oops. Rachael Flatt is reigning junior world champion. (Wait, last year's worlds is coming back to me: the US continent who were old enough to go, didn't they totally embarrass themselves or something. I watched.)

Photo sources: (all) Yahoo! News/AP Photo/Elaine Thompson

No comments: